The UEC40 and UEM40, single-DIN module kilowatt-hour meter is perfect for single-phase submetering in both commercial and residential applications. With the option for built-in communications, including RS-485 Modbus RTU or M-Bus, this meter can be easily networked with third-party systems or devices, including building management systems (BMS), energy management systems (EMS) or industrial PLC control systems.
Besides energy, the meter also measures the main electrical parameters, making them available on the backlit LCD display and via the built-in communications (if available).
Furthermore, a dedicated application for remote management can be provided via the below options:
- Modbus Master software > for energy meter management by PC via an RS-485 Modbus network.
- M-Bus Master software > for energy meter management by PC via an M-Bus network.
The meter is built according to EN 50470-1 standard. The active energy measurement is compliant to IEC/EN 62053-21 class 1, and the accuracy of the reactive energy measurement is compliant to IEC/EN 62053-23 class 2.
The integrated backlit LCD display provides a user interface with clear graphic symbols comprehensible at a glance, along with a metrological LED on the front panel.
These meters are manufactured in Italy to the highest standard of quality and reliability. The analysis of the mean time between failures (MTBF), the accurate selection of components, and the reduction of the internal working temperatures together with strict production and control standards guarantee a product with excellent quality and long-lasting reliability.
- Active energy class 1 according to IEC/EN 62053-21
- Reactive energy class 2 according to IEC/EN 62053-23
Voltage & Frequency
- Nominal values: 230 V 50/60 Hz
- Starting current Ist: 20 mA
- Minimum current Imin: 250 mA
- Transitional current Itr: 500 mA
- Reference current Iref (Ib): 5 A
- Maximum current Imax: 40 A
- Power supplied from the voltage circuit
- Nominal measurement voltage ±20%
- Max consumption: 1.5 VA – 1 W
- Nominal frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Operating temperature: -25°C … +55°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C … +75°C
- Humidity: 80% max without condensation
- Protection degree: IP51 frontal part -IP20 terminals
- Passive optoisolated
- Maximum values: 27 VDC – 27 mA
- Meter constant: 1000 imp/kWh
- The measuring unit (imp/kWh, imp/kvarh, imp/kVAh) changes according to the assigned counter (kWh, kvarh, kVAh)
- Pulse length: 100 ±0.5ms
- Port: RS-485
- Protocol: Modbus RTU
- Communication speed: 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400 bps
- Unit load: 1/8
- Port: wired (EN 1434-3)
- Protocol: M-Bus
- Communication speed: 300, 2400, 9600 bps
- Unit load: 1
- Meter constant: 5000 imp/kWh
- Pulse length: 4 ±0.1ms